These are excellent books to read! Feel free to comment below with any other books you recommend.
1. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Penny Simkin, Janet Whalley, and Ann Keppler
This book takes a woman from conception to breastfeeding with great easy to read information. It also details relaxation and breathing techniques you may find helpful for labor.
2. Being Born by Sheila Kitzinger
This is a great book for both parents-to-be and children. It has beautiful pictures with simple explanations.
3. Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein
Very helpful for learning your options during childbirth.
4. Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
Recommended by many and contains encouraging birth stories and a special section for parents and midwives.
5. Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
This is a must read to prepare for the upcoming birth of your baby! It has helpful information to help you achieve a drug and intervention free childbirth and encouraging birth stories.
6. Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
Incorporating statistics, history, advice, and tips this book is another must read. With a chapter about how birth can affect breastfeeding it gets onto the list of books to read while pregnant.
7. Real Birth by Robin Greene
Full of real birth stories with a separate sections for all unique ways you can have a baby.
8. Natural Health After Birth: The Complete Guide to Postpartum Wellness by Aviva Jill Romm
Contains advice, herbal tips, recipes, and exercises to help you cope naturally postpartum.
9. Heading Home With Your Newborn by Laura Jana and Jennifer Shu
This will guide you through those first few months with your young infant. It has chapters on both breastfeeding and formula feeding, diapering, bathing, and sleeping (without knocking out co-sleeping), and more.
10. Birthing From Within by Pam England & Rob Horowitz
An informative and eye-opening book with activities to help you discover yourself within your pregnancy and aid in your preparation for childbirth.
11. Childbirth Without Fear by Grantly Dick Read
A very classic and honored book for many, his philosophical views are very informative incorporating statitics.